Sunday, August 22, 2010

Riggle me this, childhood heroes.

Last night, I waited on an actor named Aaron Lohr. Who? you're wondering. The star of such hit movies like Newsies, The Mighty Ducks (and their sequels), and Rent. Still not sure?



Ok so maybe that doesn't help, but when Newsies came out I was thirteen. And Aaron was my first man-crush. Since I was always super skinny as a kid, seeing this man(or teenage boy, rather) who was ripped, sparked my interest in my body. I wanted to look like this guy so badly. To the point of starting to workout in high school just to try. It didn't really work, sadly.

However, since this man was at my table and he's not a big movie star or anything, I thought I'd actually tell him that he was my hero as a kid and my inspiration for working out. This is something that is frowned upon at most restaurants and even frowned upon by myself. But, I was really ready to just say something.

SO, I walk over to his table to check on him and his friend, and as I'm about to ask if they need anything, I hear him in the middle of a story.

"so she grabs my g-string, pulls the string out of my ass and snaps it, then shoves a dollar in my pouch and spanks my ass."

Um, WHAT?????????????

What kind of conversation is that? I mean, what? So, there was no way I could tell my childhood hero that he was, in fact, my hero after I heard that! I mean, WHAT?????

Good lord. Word to the wise, waiters ARE listening when you talk at your tables.

3 comments:

AJR said...

I had a crush on him too, though I didn't start working out til college. Maybe you should have told him he was a hero of yours anyway. He's clearly a little down and out. It might have made him feel good to know that he inspired you.

Steven said...

haha, i know, but it was kinda awkward!

LoneWolf said...

I realize this was posted a while ago but I just have to comment on this! First of all I think it would have made him pretty happy to hear that (even if it's frowned upon) as he is supposed to be a nice guy(not to mention HOT) and who wouldn't want to hear that they inspired someone. He's always been impressively jacked. Back to the point- I am pretty damn sure that the conversation you overheard (haha) was him talking about a commercial he did for Miller Lite Beer because that story he was telling is exactly what happens in that commercial. It was one of those Man-Up Miller Lite commercials. Either that or he has a really interesting sex life but I'm thinking that had to be it. He also has done a lot of plays though and the theatre community is pretty wild. Anyway, that is too funny. So random. You have good taste in man crushes by the way. I hope Aaron Lohr gets his g-stringed ass into some big projects in the future. Later ;)