Sunday, August 8, 2010

Riggle me this, a complaint, you say?

SO, yes, I work at a restaurant. I'm sure you all know this already. It's not the most glamorous of jobs, but it's my job. Usually, my nights are fun and kind of boring, but last night, the best thing happened. I was complained about. It doesn't happen often, but I LOVE when it does.



This woman, who was insanely skinny and beautiful stopped my manager on her way out and told her that she was irate about her experience. She was dining with her boyfriend, his sister and his mother for his birthday. The sister was a quite large woman(this is important to the story, I promise). Anywho, this woman was pissed because I was rude and condescending. She said that when someone asks a question at the table about the food, she expects a full on definition, not what I said.

Sidebar-the question asked by the large sister was, "What's the difference between marbled and lean?" So, this is a question asked by basically everyone dining at my restaurant everyday. Being that this woman was large, I was very careful not to use the word "fat." According the the skinny bitch, my response was a very bitchy, "do you kno what lean is, 'cause marbled just the opposite." The wording was spot on, but the tone was totally off. I was actually really pleasant. I asked, "do you know what lean means?" and waited politely for her to respond with a yes. Then i said very lightly, "well marbled is just the opposite." And she was very happy with that description. Apparently, skinny bitch was not.

She also said that my restaurant is very expensive and she expects top notch service when she spends so much money. First of all, it's not that expensive, especially by New York standards. Secondly, she got top notch service. I was in one of my happy moods with my tables. Literally, every other table gushed to my face about how nice and wonderful I was. So, I had no idea what her problem was.

But, she continued. She was also thinking that her sides were not delivered to the table. She said that she ordered the seasonal vegetable and it never came. Well, my manager asked is she had squash on her table. She answered yes. ANd he informed her that that was, in fact, the seasonal vegetable. Well, this kind of slowed her down, but not really.

She then spouted about how it really wasn't that important to figure out what was delivered and what wasn't, but given the circumstances, if she had not been with her boyfriend's family, she would have made a spectacular scene upon leaving. She would have let me have it and made sure the whole restaurant would have known how awful of a server I was. But, lucky for us, she was so much more classy about it and bitched out a manager in front of all of the people she didn't want to make a scene in front of. She also claimed to be a twenty percent tipper, but tonight she could only feel comfortable leaving a fifteen percent tip.

So... in response to all of this, I have this to say.

First. Me rude and condescending? Yes I am. I am very proud of it. But, sorry lady, I wasn't rude nor condescending to you. You are mistaking me being incredibly nice and wonderful to you for some sort of bullshit in your own fucked up head.

Second. Not willing to make a scene in front of your boyfriend's family? Well, too late, you certainly made one when you decided to rant about everything in front of them and the staff. I definitely heard all about what a trashy piece of shit you really are. And class? you definitely don't have it. Nor do I, because I'm blogging about how horrible you are. If either of us had any, we'd just let it go and be on our separate ways by now.

Third. Let's rethink your math. Your bill was $250. You left me $45 bucks. That's an 18% tip, not 15. So, don't think you're super smart or something, because you're not.

Fourth. Though you might be skinny and hot, your personality makes you ugly. Ugly beyond belief and I feel sad for that man if he decides to one day marry you. He's going to regret that decision for the rest of his life if he does.

So, to wrap all of this up. Bitch, you got great service. I know you think that I'm a douchebag, and to some, I am. But to you, I was amazing. I own up when things go wrong, but not one thing happened to go wrong with your table. If you had issues with things that go right in your life, then I suggest seeing a therapist for not being able to see the world as it is.

And in that, thank you for listening!

No comments: