Saturday, November 29, 2008

Say what you want..

Something I've noticed a lot anymore is people not going after what they want. Sure they talk a big game about wanting this thing or that, some person, or yearning after something they lost. Then, they can totally contradict themselves in what they do.

For instance. I have a friend who is devastated over a breakup. He wants nothing more than to get his ex back, yet he has a date tonight. Why waste your time? You want something, go after it. If you don't, then don't. If you want your ex back, spend time on it. If you just want to get laid, then fine, but don't sugarcoat it with a date.

Other examples are people who have issues with others, yet display those same characteristics themselves. A guy I once dated used to hate that I ate oranges in bed. (Not really the case, but lets just say for arguments sake this is what it was). Hated it. Then months later, after the breakup, we come to find out he's been eating apples in bed. I mean, come on, similar right? Bad analogy. 


I had an ex from college, that, when we broke up and got back together(i know, drama) promised to never lie. So we get back together for about 6 months. Then break up. A year later, I find out he lied to me significantly while we had been together. Should it matter to me a year and half after it happened? It certainly stung a tiny bit, but the bigger picture was, we were trying to establish a friendship. So, I called him on it, let it go and we moved on from it. Yes, I tease him about it occasionally, but I love him anyways, so it's all ok.

The point is this. If you really want something, then go after it. If you're not over your ex, then don't date. You just put someone else in the path to be hurt. I mean, you're not doing them any favors by hiding what you feel. It will just come out eventually. So, I have this to say to my friend. Take some time to yourself. I hope he reads this. I'm not sure if he does anymore.

No comments: