Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nothing...

Is ever so bad or so far gone, that, if we want, we can't bounce back from it. 

I misread your signs
Thought it was me
but it wasn't
Thought you still cared
but you don't
Thought I could pretend
but I can't
I was wrong 
so many times over
but I am coming back
Stronger than ever
wishing you the best
wishing you the worst
Harboring a hope 
for my own future
Getting myself up off the ground
Shaking myself free
I held your esteem
higher than my own
and I'm done.
That little feeling in my stomach?
Turns out it's love.
I have your attention
but not your respect
I have your best interest at heart
though you probably object.
I just can't go on
unless it's with myself.
I'll own up to what I need
and find my own way
Eventually, I'll find happiness
but on my own terms
So many things I wish I could say
but you already know
you already understand.
There's no turning back the clock
there's no magic key
that could open a door 
on a new room for us.
I wish we could have recovered, 
but it wasn't meant to be.
It wasn't your job to fix me, 
yet I wanted us to both be whole
So i'll be here on my own, 
and you'll be set free.

No comments: