Monday, October 11, 2010

Riggle me this, Dominos?

So tonight, after a long ass day, Matt and I decided to order pizza.


Papa John's is our place of choice, but they were closed. SO we went to Domino's online. Has anyone ever been to this? It's amazing. Not only were they opened, but it was ridiculously easy. Then the best thing happened. They give you an online tracker to view what's happening with your order. Then they give you little updates that say things like, "Ruben has just placed your order in the oven," and, "Ruben is checking your order for quality at 12:01." And then the final, "Maximono is on the way to your door with your order at 12:09."

For real? HIs name is Maximono. Amazing!!! I was stunned and a little bit creeped out by this. I'm not gonna lie. I thought it was a little bit weird that Ruben was checking on my pizza. I mean, I don't need to know who is doing what to my food, i just need to know that my food is coming, not who is doing what.

And then when the food comes, do I say, "thanks Maximono!"? For real, I've never met the guy, but I know his name! And do I also tell him to thank Ruben for making my dinner?

I dunno, I think it's just another way to be too invasive into someone's life, but, still, maybe it's just a nicety.

Riggle me that!

1 comment:

AJR said...

Fun times. Though Dominos supports very right-wing politics with the money they make. So I try to avoid the, if I can. Though it is a necessary evil sometime. :)