Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year...

Most people take new year's as an opportunity to start anew. To right the wrongs of their past. To lose the 25 lbs they gained over the past year. To make resolutions they really can't keep. But it all happens on the first of the year. 

I don't do this. My mile marker is my birthday. October 13th. I even have a tattoo of a 13 on my arm. One of the reasons I did this this year, besides any other year, was because I wanted a reminder of a promise I made to myself on my personal new year. And I'm holding true to the meaning of that promise. 

There is a bunch of stuff brewing, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the change, but I'm sure once my body gets used to the weather, I'll be ready to tell you all about it.

Until then, Happy New Year to those that celebrate and start over this way. Stay tuned for an update.

No comments: