Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pigeons and Luck

Today I was walking west on 20th street in NYC, completely enjoying the brisk day. I had really great music on, and was kind of strutting down the street. I looked up and saw a pigeon flying around and thought nothing of it. I stopped for a brief moment to look at my ipod to change songs and WHAAAAAAAAAACK! The damn pigeon flew right into the side of my head, knocking me off balance and sent it flying weird for a few before it settled on the ground, righted itself, then flew off. 

Seriously, about 25 people were around me, all of which were either laughing or trying to make sure I was ok. I was fine, but a little embarrassed. I mean, a damn diseased pigeon just flew into my head, part of which was my face. GROSS! 

Now, there's this theory about birds and such shitting on your head being a sign of good fortune. Does that same rule apply when one slams into your head?

I certainly hope so.

No comments: