Friday, April 3, 2009

Love.

A lot of people spend their whole life looking for love. I know that I have a great deal of love in my life. I know that I'm a pretty lucky guy. I have tons of friends, and great relationships with my parents and family. But, I've always wondered how love works between two people of a romantic nature. More or less, I've tried to define it. Truth is, it's not definable. 

I know that it's there in the sandwich left for me in the fridge when I get home from work, even if the words I love you aren't written on it. I know it's there for me in the layers of blankets and pillows set up on the floor when I come home from a hard day and get pampered with a massage. I know it's there in the small gifts or surprises I get throughout the day. Love is very much in the text messages that I receive, the voicemails I get, or the notes and letters and cards. It's crazy how a feeling and emotion can exist without being seen, but just felt. 

Inside my whole being, I feel it. And it's crazy because I never thought I'd be this guy. The "i love you" kind of guy. I figured I'd just live on my own for a long long time. But now, I have someone I want to spend time with, someone I completely just love having around for no other reason then we have fun. But I'm sitting in my living room just past 2 in the morning and I know that I am loved. How lucky am I for that?

1 comment:

Rance Wright said...

Not to agree with the mushiness I just read - but it is true - you to are totally freaking amazing. I am happy Steve and Matt that I have seen the ride and am proud of Matt for sticking to it!

ps: Matt its going to be difficult living with you this summer...I mean..really...your a little much! lol.