Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter...And Other things.

I was fortunate enough to spend Easter with a family that isn't mine. It's a family much like my own, but slightly different. The way that they are much like mine is that everyone is different and everyone has different ideals about life, but the central focus of their lives is their family bond and most importantly, love. Like my family, they are remarkable, adaptable, unique and wonderful. 

It's always interesting  spending a holiday with another family because one never knows if their own family did things the same way, and you're always seeing into the private lives of another family. But, the Easter I just spent was very much like the ones I spend, or have spent with my own family. Everything from decorating eggs, hiding them for the kids, hanging out with the adults, to catching up on the latest family gossip, sharing in laughs, joy and lots of wonderful times.

So, for me, this Easter was particularly special, because I hit a turning point. I went to spend Easter with a family that I thought, "ok maybe one day I'll be a part of this family." I left this morning from their house yearning to become a part of their lives. I met the "in-laws," and while nervous, I found myself really enjoying myself. I got to see into the more personal life of someone I'm dating. And I found myself falling in love a little bit deeper. 

I got to spend a fun three days with a family that's not my own and felt like I belonged. I hope that one day, I do belong to that family and can just add those wonderful people to the family that I already have, know and love.


1 comment:

Rance Wright said...

Write on your blog more - if you never write how can I possibly follow you! :)