Friday, April 3, 2009

Another day...

I haven't written about work in awhile and tonight was a really good night at work, so I thought I'd share. I was feeling a little bit feisty tonight, so it made everything a little bit better. Plus, everyone at my tables were pretty awesome and willing to play back with me so it got really good.

My first great experience came with a party of 10. I was dropping off alcoholic drinks, and an infant of about 7 months reached for my tray. This next convo was amazing.

Me(as the infant reached for the tray) No no sweetie, you might not want those. (then to her mother) Or maybe she's trying to start young.

Mother- Well you know she wasn't on the bottle at all, but she keeps reaching for everyone's beer bottle. I don't know where she gets it.

Me- Uh-oh. You'd better keep an eye on her. She'll probably grow up to be a stripper.

Mother died of laughter and told the story several more times during the night. 



Second table was pretty awesome. It was a family of four. Parents and two boys, one gay and one not gay.

When the food arrived I went back to check in with everyone and the gay child (around 7 or 8) looked at me and said, "Everything is excellent" with a slight lisp and head tilt that makes me want to set aside his gay manuel and send it to him when he turns 18. I mean, the kid will need some help.

Later on, I walked to the table and apparently the father did something rude but I heard the following conversation.

Mom- Just because your father does it sometimes doesn't make it polite.

Kid- Well then, I can't wait to be an adult, You wanna know why, mom?

Mom- Why?

Kid- Because then I can do whatever the hell I want to. Just like Dad.

AMAZING! That kid was about 10. 

No comments: