Thursday, November 11, 2010

Riggle me this, FUN

OK, so how many people have done something fun today? I haven't yet, but I'm about to do something incredibly fun; writing. Actually, I guess I'm doing that now.

Let's back track.

Yesterday, I had the day off, it was pretty bland, but I ended up realizing how much of my life is spent waiting for the next best thing to come along and change all of my life's problems. Well, that isn't going to happen. I have to do it myself. So, here we go with all of the depressing life analysis, and all of the dilemma, and all the existentialism, and blah blah blah.

I basically realized yesterday that I'm taking my life WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to seriously to really enjoy what I'm doing here. So, I'm changing my attitude as of yesterday. I went to see two, yes two movies yesterday. Both of which were amazing, and both of which left me inspired to write something of equal caliber one day, or now. Who knows? But the thing is, for three hours, I remembered what fun felt like.

Granted over the past couple of weeks, I've been on an upswing of rejuvinated attitude and just really pouring myself into my writing and trying to open myself up to new experiences. So, from now on, I want to strive to do at least one fun thing today. It can be something simple like take a silly picture, or taking my dog to the park, or even playing with my dog at home. Or something bigger like a night out with my friends or whatever. The point is, I want to enjoy my life more. I want to take pride in the fact that I'm doing things that are fun. Some days will be more difficult than others, but I want to try to do this everyday.

And I want to challenge my friends to do the same. So, yes this is cheesey, but just indulge me and let's see if it makes a difference!

No comments: