Thursday, March 26, 2009

Been Awhile...

You know how sometimes one part of a song will hit you, make you think of someone, make you cry, laugh, or anything, even when the song itself isn't all that wonderful? Well, I recently got a need album and there's a line in it that sums up a lot of my past few months perfectly...

"I am sassy, I am sappy,
When I'm with you, I am Happy..."

Obviously, this song makes me think of someone very close to me. I hate to think of some of the ways I've treated him over the past year, and very thankful that I was given the second chance to make things right. 

Anywho, I spent a lot of time tonight thinking about this person. While talking with my friend, Heather, we talked a lot about how I haven't really been involved lately, but how much I've changed and actually started wanting something more than what I had experienced. When I was asked about this person, all I could say was, "he'll be around for awhile."

After about 20 minutes of talking and some wonderful tasty-d, I made my way home via MTA (bastards) and all I could think about was him. I actually walked down the street with a little skip in my step. For anyone who knows me, you should already know that I'm someone who would kick my own ass for something like that. But, tonight I didn't care. I got home and was welcomed warmly at the door and after a few minutes, I was asked if I was alright. I know that I am fine, but with him I'm better than I ever thought I could be. 

I have said it many times. I've always pitied people in love. I never wanted to be one of those people. I never wanted to date. I never wanted a boyfriend. Every time I saw a couple in love I wanted to throw up. Well, sadly folks I'm now one of those people and I'm happy about it. 

A friend of mine told me last fall that he missed the old steve. Well, fortunately, and somewhat unfortunately, the old "steve" is gone. I know now that if I ever find myself single again, it will be incredibly different time in my life. 

Moving on....

There are some people in my life that are perhaps stuck in a rut. I hope they realize that there are opportunities waiting around the corner. If they can stick it out and keep their dreams in focus, they'll figure it out. I promise. And I'll be there if you need me.... ILUMS...


Have a good night everyone...

1 comment:

brooke said...

you're beautiful you know