Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts from today...

Several things happened today that just made me pause and take a minute to think about them.

1. I saw a homeless woman begging for money in the subways today while sending text messages on her cell phone. Hmmm? Yeah you read that right. My guess is one would need to appear more helpless to get more money, but hey, maybe that works for her.

2. Lesbians don't tip. I'm not sure what the girls have against men, but I had 2 lesbians at my table tonight with a bill of $100. My tip was $5. Hmmm, maybe they are spending all that extra money buying hair care products. Oh wait! They don't use them.

And

3. I overheard a woman talking about her husband no longer allowing her to spend $100 a week on anything frivolous. Apparently, she's been buying new clothes each week, perfume, or whatever she needs and because of the economy, her husband wants her to save some money, so he's cutting her off. If you do the math, she's spending $5,200 a year, roughly. If she's been married 15 years, that's a lot of money that could be saved. Stupid lady. I mean, seriously, she wasn't blind or deaf, so she must know what's going on in the world. 

THE END

No comments: