Monday, January 25, 2010

2009 in review, stolen from Laura

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

-helped cast a show, in which, i got to actually help make the decisions rather than just sit in on the auditions.

-gave into love (yup, someone finally broke down the wall.)

-took a man home to meet my family

-moved into an apt with someone

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I tend to not make new year's resolutions. I usually take an evaluation on my birthday every year. That's my new year's. This year, however, I did make a few. Hopefully I'll keep them. It's early and I'm doing pretty well so far.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No. I'm hoping this year changes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Tai from Clueless. :(

5. What countries did you visit?

I sad now. Stayed in USA this past year. I did go to Maine, Massachusetts a lot, and Wyoming twice. I love it!!!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Money, always could use more.

Career, would love to book more jobs, but ultimately, I just want to be passionate about what I do.

I would also like more time with my friends and family. As I get older, I just keep realizing how fleeting life is.


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

January 31st, a real turning point in my relationship. Also a night I won a dance off at my best friend's bday party. (i was in my underwear and cowboy boots, naturally)

April 12th, Easter in Marshfield. First official holiday with the in-laws. HAHA

July 4th, Fireworks in P-town at the beach with Matt. Beautiful!

November 26th. Thanksgiving with the in-laws.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Personal Growth and Ownership. I spent the year really letting myself fall head over heels in love. I let someone influence my life and push me to be the strongest and best version of myself imaginable. I've let myself ultimately own what I am and who I am. I've faced fears head on and overcome them. I've allowed someone into my heart to truly see who I am, and he is still here. I have more fears to face, and I'll deal with everything as it comes my way, but ultimately, I have found some peace in my life. I know that I can take on anything.

9. What was your biggest failure?

My biggest failure is that I let too many friends slip away from me and didn't keep in touch with the ones I truly love.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Eh, not really. I don't get sick very often. And I broke my foot about 2.5 years ago, so I think I'm good for awhile.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Wow, just picking one thing. Plane tickets to wyoming, twice. And Matt's bday dinner. Damn that was good!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My love, Matt. For standing by me no matter what and loving me always. Sappy and corny, I know, but if anyone in this world is lucky enough to find someone like him, then you would know what I'm talking about.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Kanye West ( i know I dont' have to go into detail)

Chris Brown (again, details not required)

And no, i'm not racist.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent, Student loans, Trips to new england, trips to wyoming, christmas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My trip to maine to see Christine in A Chorus Line, leaving to go to P-town, coming back from p-town, Going to Wyoming, coming home from Wyoming, My bday, matt's bday, halloween going as a tourist, thanksgiving in marshfield, and christmas in my apt with matt, and christmas in wyoming, new years in nyc!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

fallin' for you by colbie caillat

work by kelly rowland

chasing pavements by adele

MIKA's new album

Lucky by Jason Mraz and colbie caillat

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
INSANELY HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? i'm gaining weight but it's all muscle
c) richer or poorer? about the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Auditioning, get off my ass, write more, play my piano more, and see my friends more.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worry about the bullshit

20. How did you spend Christmas?

In the ER with my sister because she was dehydrated, then just hanging out on the couch eating and watching movies with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

I fall in love more and more everyday. So, yes. And I know most of you will roll your eyes with that statement, but it's true

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Brothers and Sisters, handsdown the best show on TV.... Close second is Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime. It's so cute!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Um, not that i know of.

24. What was the best book you read?

My sister's Keeper. Amazing!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

MIKA, Colbie Caillat

26. What did you want and get?

Peace, more happiness.

27. What did you want and not get?

Money, well I got it, and now it's gone again.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Up, it's one of the top ten, i'm stumped to think of more right now

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turnened 29, like this question! My bf was taking me to dinner then it turned out to have more people there than I thought. It was awesome.

30. What’s the one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Matt. Enough said. I'm a better person because of him.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Eh, i will always be a t-shirt and jeans type of guy. I deviate from that from time to time, but overall, i'm really basic

32. What kept you sane?

Matt, and John. Boyfriend and best friend. Completely

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Is this a crush? hmmmm David beckham, or robert downey, jr. Maybe jude law.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Healthcare. I have it, and I think obama's proposed healthcare is bullshit. I actually think obama is full of shit. There, I said it. I don't support our president. I didn't support him before the election and I don't support him now. Think what you will, but I refuse to be a single issue voter.

35. Who did you miss?

My friends from college. My friend that lives about 5 blocks away that I never see. A girl who's blog I stole this from, she's one of the coolest chicks i know. I miss my family.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Wendy Williams. HAHA, still have yet to meet her, but I was on her show this year, in the audience. And David Bryant. I knew him before, but got to know him this year. As well as Ryan. Two amazing people I got to spend the summer with.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Stop, breathe, think, speak.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Do you hear me? I'm talking to you. Across the water across the deep blue ocean under the open sky, oh my, baby i'm trying. Boy I hear you in my dreams. I feel your whisper across the sea. I keep you with me in my heart. You make it easier when life gets hard. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been. Lucky to be coming home again. They don't know how long it takes. waiting for a love like this. Every time we say goodbye, I wish we had one more kiss. I'll wait for you I promise you, I will."

No comments: